Data Engineer/Data Scientist
- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people. Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability. Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Are you a data scientist who understands the language of business? Are you passionate about data and business analytics? ARHS is looking for talented and motivated Data Engineer/Data Scientist to join our Project Teams currently involved in strategic and exciting trans-European projects in the area of Data Analytics and Big Data.
- Support the customer in the development of long-term vision, strategy and roadmaps for Data Analytics and Big Data
- Participate in the full project lifecycle of our Data-related projects: understanding Business problems and needs, perform data investigation and exploration, detect machine learning opportunities, design solution architecture considering performance and data security (Data Warehouse, ETL, ML pipeline, etc.), support deployment and operations
- Ensure close relationship with customers and stakeholders on both business and IT side
- Support bid and pre-sales teams in developing new business in Data Analytics area
- Follow-up on leading edge technologies, industry perspective and trends in data science
- Prepare and deliver C-Level presentations or workshops on how to derive value and obtain insight out of data
You as a candidate:
- A Master’s in IT or computer science-related programmes, a Master’s in data science, a Master's in civil or business engineering or a Master’s in statistics
- Several years of experience in data science or implementing business analytics projects
- Ability to understand complex business needs and requirements of customers and translate them into a target solution architecture
- Experience in data mining, data analytics, data visualization, and expertise in languages such as R, SQL, etc.
- Experience in data management architecture and tools
- Knowledge about data management and governance with a focus on privacy and security
- Fluent oral and written skills in English
- Strong communication and presentation skills aptitude to interact with stakeholders who are not familiar with data science considerations
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and being able to lead teams
- Experience in machine learning and Python would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling, Metadata Management and Data Quality would be considered an asset
- An attractive salary and additional benefits
- A key role in strategic programs in European institutions
- The flexibility to work out of any of our Belgian or Luxembourgish offices
- A multidisciplinary dynamic environment with interesting career perspectives, personal development and continuous education and on-the-job training
Be legally authorized to work in Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, via e-mail: [email protected]
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.