Service Operation Manager
The Service Operations Manager manages overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of the work, productivity and quality as established and set for the Operations team ensuring efficient operations. He will manage the BAU activities, whilst developing IT processes and developing the organisations’ Service Operations. He is service oriented striving in delivering exceptional customer service and having an impact on creating a positive team. The Service Operations Manager is service oriented striving in delivering exceptional customer service. He is responsible for both efficient day-to-day operations and thought leadership on strategy that optimize the support model. He provides customer and staff with global technical support and is responsible for managing daily technical operations while ensuring overall efficiency. The Service Operations Manager oversees the work of the staff, providing guidance, supervision, and discipline as needed whilst developing IT processes and developing the organisations’ Service Operations. He is expected to collect and analyse metrics, provide reports regularly, and routinely assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and technical proficiency of the support team. In his role, he is also responsible for the implementation of effective and efficient activities to deliver projects in accordance with project scope and operational constrains. He provides support services to the project managers by coordinating the project implementation. The Service Operations Manager defines and ensures all project related operational documents, (operational readiness, change management, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria).
Typical task will be :
- Overall responsibility for the Operations
- Coordinate the implementation of IT projects and maintain Operational readiness
- Maintain constant communication with management and staff to ensure proper projects implementation and operations
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing Service Management processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the Ops team capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives and Ensure operational activities remain on time
- Manage ongoing technical incidents, requests, problems and changes and act as a point of escalation
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Lead and manage Operational service management processes and metrics, such as Incident, Request, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, etc.
- Lead and manage the capacity management and life cycle management
- Central point of contact for the customer for their Operational support needs
- Lead and manage Operational SLA and performance (Incident, Request, Problem, Change)
- Lead and manage system outages and Ensure quick and efficient support
- Analyse project implementation metrics, activities and team Capacity
- Produce and present status reports
- Accountable to maintain the infrastructure secure, compliant, robust, reliable, scalable and efficient
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels
- Ensure that systems, processes and methodologies are implemented
- Accountable to improve, tune and expand all systems as growth demands
- Lead the Operational process of implementing project scopes, system designs, business and technology analysis, system development, and testing throughout the system’s lifecycle
- Review progress, and direct changes in priorities, schedules, procedures to meet deadlines
- Motivate staff by setting and achieving challenging goals; demonstrate persistence in overcoming obstacles
- Lead change management and risk management, identifying appropriate resources and developing schedules to ensure timely project completion
- Support standards, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Serves as a technology ambassador by establishing and providing proactive communication
- Be a visible leader
- Provide excellent customer service
- Build and Develop relationships with various teams and stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement activity
- Provide input to strategy setting and decision-making processes
- Perform any other duties as may be required
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers, both in a one-on-one and group setting
- Strong organization skills and internal drive to see tasks through to completion
- Understanding of policy, planning, and strategy
- Experience managing Service Support team
- Experience working within ITIL frameworks
- Ability to create implement and Service Operation processes and procedures
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Desire to add value to service support teams
- Ability to address problems
- Project management experience
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.