- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people. Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability. Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
ARHS is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a dynamic, young, growing team of highly skilled Windows engineers.
Role & responsibilities
- Participate in the design, implementation and operations of solutions to enhance our microservice based application stack together with the developers on the team.
- Improve database operations.
- Create procedures (write and review documentation)
- Reinforce the solidity of our applications and environments.
- Boost our monitoring & alerting stack.
- Build, set up and improve our automation stack and our CI/CD pipelines.
- Daily operational tasks (database change management, application monitoring, application deployment, ...)
- University degree or equivalent by experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Driven, autonomous and willing to succeed
- Capability to connect with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels
- Consistently seeking continuous improvements to prioritize smooth deliveries and ownerships
- Demonstrative, eager to engage and hone the initial requirements and translate it to tangible outputs
- Devise non-functional requirements with your team and Tech Lead/Product Owner
Required technical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows in a high-availability environment
- Good knowledge of:
- SQL Server in a HA setup
- Atlassian tools, GitLab
- various GIT flows
- Experience with IP infrastructure (Networking, DNS, …)
- Ruby, Puppet and Rundeck (or determined to learn)
Expertise in the following would be desirable
- Familiar with:
- Security standards & hardening
- Redis, Cassandra or other NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of:
- Agile Scrum
- Building logs/metrics fit for purpose
- .Net & Java
- Service discovery in a micro-fronted architecture
Be legally authorized to work in Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, via e-mail: [email protected]
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.