Java technical lead
- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality.
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.
Be legally authorized to work in Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa.
For in-house developed solutions, Arhs Digital is looking for an experienced Java technical lead / Senior Software Engineer.
To be successful as a Java technical lead, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies. Ultimately, a top-notch Java technical lead should have good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
Java Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Performing requirement analyses.
- Developing high-quality and detailed designs.
- Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Conducting configuration of your own work.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
Mandatory knowledge of the following technologies
- Experience & expertise:
- University, or equivalent by experience, ideally Master Informatics
- At least 5 years of experience with Java Web-based development
- Profound knowledge of Spring framework and Java tooling and framework (Google Guava, Spring, JUnit, commons). Knowledge of standard J2EE is an asset.
- Java 8 or higher
- Oracle DB
- Angular 2+
- Agile methodology
- Web services (SOAP & REST)
- Hands-on experience with OO Design and design pattern
- Experience with continuous integration and automated test & build
- Personal Skills:
- Ability to work in a large company
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work independently in an Agile team
- Ability to work in an environment in which the priorities are often changing
- Ability to work according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Customer, solution and improvement minded
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Team player
- Fluent in English; Dutch or French are a big asset