- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, via e-mail: [email protected]
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.
Description of the open position
- Arhs Digital is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work in a team in full agile mode for one of Belux Top Ten technological companies, based in Brussels.
- The Scrum Master is responsible for the correct application of Scrum principles and for the continuous improvement of the usage of the Scrum framework.
- The Scrum Master organizes the Agile Team by organizing stand-up meetings, sprint planning, product demos, and sprint reviews. He/she ensures that roadblocks are removed during sprints and that all possible clarifications have been done before a sprint begins.
- Motivates the team and makes sure team members take up the necessary responsibility to deliver in the most efficient way.
- Explains the delays in the deliveries
- Monitors the skills level of each Agile Team member (related to tools/ knowledge/behavior) and escalates if not ok.
- Defines the full planning of the dedicated resources and works with the Product Owner to support short and long-term release planning and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
Who you are
- This role might be for you if you are experienced in Scrum and have extensive knowledge of software
- You must have experience managing Software Web application, preferably managing or performing web development projects using an Agile Scrum approach. PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred.
- You will need to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Dutch/ French knowledge is an asset.
- If on top of these requirements you also have experience in working in a complex, cross-cultural environment you are the person we are looking for!
The agile team in which you will be working will be end-to-end responsible for all solutions relating to the Web application team. A sound knowledge of Jira is required.
Bonus / advantage skills
- We are looking for individuals willing to commit themselves for a longer period assignment, conditional on regular evaluation moments.
- The position is open for freelancers as well.
- You will be working in a highly professional environment with cutting edge technology.
- You speak NL/FR/EN with good knowledge of the other national language.
- You get energy to work with people / a team and to continuously improve the operation.
- You are not afraid of experiments and trying out new methodologies.
- You are critical of the functioning within the team/domain/organization and you deal with this in a constructive and transparent manner.
- You are someone who constantly wants to learn more.
- You are result-oriented, proactive, dynamic, ...