Senior Project Manager
- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
For one of our projects, ARHS Spikeseed is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead a project redesigning the Acceptance Testing part of the development and release process. The aim is to assure that the development can be released into production, after acceptance testing by the end users/business and a formal go/no go process.
The project aims to optimise the uniform acceptance testing process in its approach, documentation, lessons learned, commitment, awareness & training, with a primary focus on:
- Improving quality mindset and ensuring that the business needs have been addressed through thorough business analysis and stakeholder management
- Verifying through preliminary business & functional analysis from the business side, that the user needs have been acknowledged
- Ensuring development integration with existing software using Java Software development knowledge and understanding of software architecture and its applications
- Lack of uniform process and transparency
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring projects delivery according to the schedule, budget, scope and quality.
- Defining timeline and milestones of the project.
- Managing the risks and issues related to the delivery.
- Clarifying high-level scope and the technical synergies between the different sub-projects.
- Ensuring best practices and compliance to standards.
- Managing a team of internal staff and/or external contractors.
- Proposing technical solutions and innovations.
- Reporting progress, issues and risks to the customer and to the program manager.
- Promote project management activities through positive and constructive networks.
- Deploy and develop an active and consistent communication with different stakeholders.
- Conflict management (tech and non-tech).
- Facilitate the operational functionality of the project groups and other stakeholders.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the project teams and other stakeholders.
- Follow-up on possible change and deliverables related feedback from the customer on continuous bases.
- People management & team coaching & training
- Strong communication skills in Dutch, French & English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable multitasker with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Result oriented & customer-centric approach
- Structured / Organized
- High accountability and team spirit values
- Very good interpersonal, coaching & training skills
Experience & expertise:
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent through experience.
- +5 years’ experience in Project Management in application development/JAVA environment
- Expert knowledge of complex Systems Integration.
- Very good knowledge of one or more of the following: SOA, API Management, Microservices, Enterprise Integration Patterns, REST, UI frameworks
- Agile minded.
- Certified PRINCE2, PMI, or equal by experience
- Expert knowledge of JAVA architecture.
Strong experience in
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Java, Spring Framework, Maven
- Java Development
- Project Management
- REST API’s
- Spring Framework
Hands-on experience with:
- Training and Coaching
- UI Framework
- Knowledge of Angular Framework would be considered an asset
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, via e-mail: [email protected]
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.