VMWare Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers
The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions. The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role he/she willbuild, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services. Working as a member of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Container Platform’s roadmap. You will design, build, elaborate and perform several functions from VMware/Pivotal bosh operations and Kubernetes Container Platforms, client onboarding, upgrades, research and experiment with new container-related technologies to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience. Additionally you participate in the design, the development and improvement of the current vRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement version control using branching strategies as part of a new Continous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy.
The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers will serve as a lead to support the current Cloud teams to maintain the Private Cloud environments involving Development, debugging and improvement of new or existing CI/CD platforms including vRO workflows and vRA forms. The Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology.
- Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance.
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Ansible.
- Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use.
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation and CI/CD to determine technical requirements, feasibility, performance and engineering to establish modern and comprehensive solutions supporting multi-cloud, edge, and cloud application platforms that meet customer use cases.
- Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments.
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture.
- Be comfortable in designing complete multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native architectures, mapping from platform components to the nuts and bolts of operations and infrastructure layers.
- Be a thought leader on VMware SDDC products.
- Understand how to position the latest cloud capabilities as they relate to multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native trends relevant to VMware.
- Be an expert with CI/CD, and how to build infrastructure-as-code systems.
- Work with SREs, Architects with various technical titles to influence them on how they can improve the cloud architecture designs and integrate those into cloud or container automation & management systems.
- Understand the various cloud architecture standards pertaining to security and data sensitivity.
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users.
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security.
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience across Cloud architectures, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center.
- Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
- Experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider.
- Experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration.
- Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential; • Any other European language is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects.
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate.
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
- Deep skills with VMware vRealize suite (vRA/vRO) and Custom Workflow Development
- Version control with in depth experience with merging, rebasing and branching.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI or IBM/Redhat OpenShift
- Experience in design, setup, jobs and release pipelines using Jenkins
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- REST API, HTTPS authentication design and service consumption
Nice to have:
- Understand how to build DR, BCP, and Reliable Cloud systems
- Exposure to SRE day-to-day activity, comfortable with coding (Python)
- Fluent in virtualization – compute, storage and networking
- Fluent in Virtualisation, VMware SDDC stack, knowledge in Network security/Firewall, Switch and Loadbalancer concepts including VMware NSX.
- General understanding of distributed systems architectures, challenges and design implications
- Industry leading technical certifications such as VCDX, CCIE or MCA are highly desirable
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us