Computer Room Supervisor
The Computer Room Supervisor is responsible to maintain good working conditions in several Datacenters, ensure power distribution and cooling efficiency in the DC’s, and managing access control to DC’s. In his role, the Computer Room Supervisor will supervise the Information Technology infrastructure, including network & server hardware installation including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing DC activities. This position also supports the inter DC logistics for IT equipment and requires the ability to accurately prioritize tasks and work with limited direction or assistance.
Responsibilities are wide ranging including iinteracting with leadership, peers and customers: Assess and determine IT service request infrastructure and delivery requirements. Identify and escalate problems; provide administration, technical support for the IT Patching and Logistics service.
- Build technical documentation, policies, and operating procedures
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Participate in and manage technical project work
- Own, identify, diagnose and manage issues to resolution
- Installation planning and co-ordination
- Activity report including Incident/Request/Problem follow-up and escalation management including monitoring and reporting of the SLAs
- Ensure pro-active evolution & optimization of service delivery organization, methods and tools
- General review of DC guidelines and adherence to best practices including maintaining records of equipment and tools
- Provide technical interface between clients and external stakeholders Administrative processing, and request for actions of the speakers Control of infrastructure and stakeholder behaviour (compliance with rules) Operational control of the room and escalation of infrastructure anomalies
Skills and Experience
- 2-7 years experience working in production Data Centre with IT Hardware ( Tier 1 ), Data Centre cabling and Data Centre specific tools
- Advanced knowledge of Data Centre computer room infrastructure
- LAN (IP Addressing, VLAN),
- DC cabling standards and best practices, e.g. EIA/TIA (Copper, Fibre)
- Electricity and Air conditioning
- Knowledge in physical access management
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desktop applications
- Highly motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented individual
- Ability and willingness to acquire new and evolving job-related skills
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- ITIL Professional Certification is considered an asset
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organizations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence, and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company in the marketplace for both clients and our people.
Our values are caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment, and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experienced people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent, and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership, and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock-solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.