Functional (Domain) Analyst
- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
Are you an experienced Functional Analyst?
Do you enjoy working on multiple requests for various applications and collaborating with cross-functional team?
Through this role, you are responsible for collaborating with experts across teams to translate business requirements into IT solution specifications and perform high-level intakes for new business requests (architecture, solution design and estimations) for the upcoming planning. In more detail:
- Initiate and facilitate power workshops with business customers to elaborate quality requirements swiftly
- Estimate the high level development cost and timing of this solution with focus on predictability
- Analyze, understand and document the business requirements interacting with the business customers
- Consider the relevant level of non-functional requirements with the business and the support experts to ensure the required robustness, quality, and maintainability
- Participate in sorting, sizing and prioritizing the development efforts
- Recommend phasing the implementation according to the business priorities in order to address manageable scope chunks, to match staffing possibilities and to consider functional and technical dependencies
- Provide input regarding the evolution of software applications and technological platforms, and contribute to the definition of appropriate IT strategies and road map
- Design and document technical solution strategies and architectures fulfilling complex business requirements
- Keep all solutions aligned with the enterprise and project architects
- Assist the development team in understanding the specifications and the solution
- Follow-up the projects actuals, analyze them and understand their variances compared to the estimates in order to continuously improve the estimation accuracy
- Follow-up projects architectural evolution and issues in order to fine-tune the architectural solutions
Who you are
- At least 5 years of Functional Analysis in a complex IT environment
- Working experience with Software development methodologies such as Scrum
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Advanced knowledge, both written and spoken in English
- Analytical and assertive, strongly customer- and solution-oriented
- Very strong organizational and documentation skills
- Able to work both independently and within a team: able to estimate the workload, plan and organize the work and set the right priorities
- Knowledge of OO and UML
- BSc degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Functional knowledge of Sales/Marketing/CRM applications would be an asset
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek: