Data Center IT Technician
In the context of a Managed Services contract, with an international organization in Luxembourg, with a farm of 10.000+ servers (Windows, UNIX, VM, and Backup & Storage) located in five datacentres, we support our customer all along the service management chain. This service management chain is composed of service strategy (technology guidance), service design (with a dedicated team of Architects), service transition (with a dedicated team of Project Managers and Developers) and service operations. We are actively looking for a skilled and brilliant Computer Room Supervisor to work in a dynamic team to maintain, organise, guarantee, supervise and evolve customer DATACENTER.
- Guarantee the availability of the following basic services for IT operations: electricity, air conditioning, connectivity and security
- Ensuring the documentation of network connections, on a regular basis
- Provide customer support
- Ensure the follow-up of the study, construction and delivery phases by ensuring compliance with the technical constraints related to sensitive environments
- Provide technical interface between clients and external stakeholders
- Develop solutions
- Develop procedures
- Establish documentation (for example concerning connections etc ...)
- Monitor the quality of work in execution
- Track access requests
- Track inventory
- Advise clients on the right solutions
- Write technical reports and 'reporting'
- Read and know how to interpret technical plans (electrical, mechanical or other ...)
- Participate in the realization of projects
- Organize the implementation of the equipment
- Organize the work autonomously
- Track incidents and work in progress
- Follow up of administrative tasks
- Enforce the instructions
- Ensure technical permanence 24/7
- Ensure team shift coverage (7:00 – 19:00)
- Administrative follow-up of current tasks and possibly tasks of the team
- Participate in the definition of "monitoring" parameters, interpret the results of the monitoring and take the actions that depend on it
- Supervise all the speakers and answer the technical need
- Training and certification of people for the work in the room
- Administrative processing, and request for actions of the speakers
- Control of infrastructure and stakeholder behaviour (compliance with rules)
- Operational control of the room and escalation of infrastructure anomalies
- ITIL Knowledge, Incident & Service Management
- Notions of IT infrastructure monitoring
- Knowledge in management and control of physical access in the machine room
- San & General Knowledge in IT Infrastructure
- Knowledge in inventory tracking of IT equipment and life cycle management of it (Capacity planning)
- Autocad and Visio knowledge
- General knowledge of how a DATACENTER works
- LAN Knowledge (IP Addressing, VLAN)
- Copper / Optical fiber cabling knowledge
- DC patching (copper/fiber)
- IT/Network equipment installation, relocation, removal activities
- Patching inventory management
- Electricity knowledge
- Air conditioning knowledge
- Knowledge of fire protection system
- Be familiar with standard techniques and tools for project planning and monitoring
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Know how to read and understand manuals and technical plans
- Customer friendliness and courtesy
- Stress resistance
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis in autonomy
- Languages: French and English are essential
- Pedagogical abilities to present and explain a subject
Bachelor degree Experience in a similar function of at least 5 years wished DATACENTER certification considered as an asset
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.