Automation Test Engineer
- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle.
Are you a coder with a passion for quality?
Do you enjoy the art of creating automated ways to ensure the software's quality standards?
We'd like to meet you!
We are looking for an Automation Test Engineer to join one of our teams that works for a client facing web portal with a high level of integration, high traffic volume and zero downtime expected. You will be part of a cross- functional team, practicing Agile Scrum methodology at team level, and SAFe model at domain level.
Your role will be to collaborate with Product Owners and development teams to review business requirements and design test cases. You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of automation tests for web applications using our existing test automation frameworks and actively participate in all relevant Agile meetings, providing feedback to the development team. Part of your role will be also to communicate automation test results and highlight any potential quality risks, and author and maintain the test related documentation.
- 1+ year professional experience writing automation tests for web or mobile applications and REST API services
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and knowledge of best testing practices
- Experience using Cypress for UI test automation or similar tools e.g. Selenium, Puppeteer, Playwright
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, Mockito
- Experience with web services testing using Rest Assured or similar tools (Postman, SoapUI etc)
- Experience with Git version control system and software project management tools like Apache Maven or Gradle
- Excellent command of the English language (written & oral)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Experience using specifically Cypress and knowledge of TypeScript is preferred (but not required)
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins , Gitlab CI , Bamboo , TeamCity
- Understanding and knowledge of OpenShift is a plus
- Understanding of BDD and Gherkin expression language
- Rest Assured
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek: