- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle.
Are you a hardcore java developer?
Do you find joy in endless coding?
We are looking for Java Developer to be part of a newly formed team that will work on a large-scale project with cutting-edge technologies around Java ecosystem.
Through this role, you will contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, write well designed, testable, efficient code and ensure designs are following the specifications. You will also prepare and produce releases of software components. You will be member of a highly skilled development team, following agile software development methodology, and work with state-of-the-art development goodies.
- At least 4 years of hands on technical experience on web / application development using Java enterprise technologies
- Experience with Java 8+ and micro services development using Spring/Spring boot
- Good conceptual knowledge in OOPS, Core Java, Collections, Multithreading
- Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle
- Experience using RDMBS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Git
- Ability to work with automated unit test frameworks like Junit, Mockito and drive end-to-end testing of modules
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Fast learner, dependable and strong team player
- Hungry to learn and dive into new technologies
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka or other Messaging tools (RabbitMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, etc).
- Familiarity with DevOps process and tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/UrbanCode
- Experience developing application for OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience using ELK stack
- Experience working with API Gateways, SSO, Security, Log aggregators, Application monitoring tools and Config servers
- Understanding of Load Balancing, Routing, Failover and Self-healing
- Understanding event driven design and Java workflow process engines
- Experience in developing and deploying applications to cloud platforms
- Experience with UML (Class, Sequence, Domain Model) and on various design patterns
- Industry recognized Technology Certifications
- Java 11
- Apache Kafka
- NoSQL databases
- Junit, Mockito
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek: