Senior Java Developer (EU project)
- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle.
Are you excited about cutting-edge technologies but you also have a broad experience in the whole spectrum of Java ecosystem?
Do you live and breathe coding?
We’d like to meet you!
We are currently looking for Senior Java Developers to work on a brand-new, challenging project for a new EU client.
You role will be to develop modern components for a complex application by using state of the art technologies. You will participate in the requirements elicitation, technical analysis and end-to-end implementation of the new solution. Hand in hand with the Software Architects and the rest of your team members, you will be responsible for the full development cycle. At the end of the day, your main task will be to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, see the application through, from conception to production, and ensure that all components have agreed levels of test coverage, in line with the requirements.
- At least 7 years hands on technical experience on web / application development using Java enterprise technologies
- Strong conceptual knowledge in OOPS, Core Java, Collections, Multithreading
- Experience on Apache Kafka or other Messaging tools (RabbitMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, etc).
- Strong experience in DevOps process and tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/UrbanCode, also build technology like Maven/Gradle
- Strong experience using RDMBS and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience with Git
- Experience with Spring Boot or other similar frameworks
- Experience with UML (Class, Sequence, Domain Model) and on various design patterns
- Ability to work with automated unit test frameworks like Junit, Mockito and drive end-to-end testing of modules
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field
- Experience developing application for OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience using and/or administering ELK stack
- Experience working with API Gateways, SSO, Security, Log aggregators, Application monitoring tools and Config servers
- Experience with Application Performance Management and Monitoring tools
- Understanding of Load Balancing, Routing, Failover and Self-healing
- Understanding event driven design and Java workflow process engines
- Experience in developing and deploying applications to cloud platforms
- Experience in different architectural designs for complex enterprises
- Industry recognized Technology Certifications
- Java 11
- Apache Kafka
- NoSQL databases
- Junit, Mockito
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek: