- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence, infrastructure, digital trust and enterprise architecture. The Arηs Group started by building its expertise in Software Development in 2003. Since then, the group has expanded its knowledge and competencies in order to cover the entire process and activities related to IT systems. Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
- Collaborate with the domain analyst and architect to define high level solutions and provide realistic high-level estimations for upcoming projects.
- Perform detailed technical analysis in collaboration with business analysts (working for business dpt) with the support of the scrum team, domain analyst and architects.
- Act as the point of contact for the questions related to the projects or stories being implemented throughout the story lifecycle, including all stakeholders: business, backend services, quality assurance and management.
- Ensure in collaboration of the scrum master of the accuracy of the scrum backlog.
- Ensure the readiness of the stories before the development starts:
- Clear definition of the story
- Define the acceptance criteria in collaboration of business.
- Validate back-end readiness
- Helps prepare the Sprint demo/Review.
- Is available for questions and delivers instantaneous feedback to the scrum team during the Sprint.
- Participate to the IT testing (from test case definitions until their execution)
- Team point of contact during user acceptance testing.
- Provide support to e-Operations to ensure that incidents are managed/solved within the adequate timing (depending of the incident criticality)
- A strong analytical mindset combined with Java web development (J2EE)
- This person has also to embrace concepts such as clear acceptance criteria, executable requirements, short iterations, continuous feedback and clarity of business objectives.
- A successful candidate should strive to promote simple functional solutions and pragmatic decisions.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility for frequent changes of priorities
- Ability to work with external companies/partners
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (critical thinking).
- Ability to translate requirements into technical solutions according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) according to the needs of different audiences
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- English is mandatory. Dutch and French are a plus
- Technical skills:
- Bachelor/University in computer science
- At least 5 years of experience on Java (J2EE) web based development.
- Strong experience in J2EE development
- Good experience with UML and design pattern
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira as issue and backlog management tool