Senior Politics Editor Internship (Current Affairs Publication)
- 2 Astor Pl, New York, NY 10003, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Are you a fan of or have read Politico, The Economist, The Hill, Fast Company and Vanity Fair? Well, take the present-day concepts for those magazines and put the focus on educated millennial's in their late late 20s to early 30s.
Modern Treatise is the cultural fiber that connects people to the creators, tastemakers and achievers across multiple arenas, as well as sparking conversation around the cultural themes that impact the world around you.
Through well-researched exposition and informed perspective, Modern Treatise is the premiere destination for our affluent and aspirational discerning readers.
Note: Before reading further, this is a volunteer unpaid role that can also be used as a long-term internship (9-to-12 months).
- Acts as ranking site division editor under the direction of the publisher.
- Assists in selecting and supervising four site contributors.
- Assists in disseminating assignments that are congruent with the site's target demographic.
- Works with contributors to develop AP Style articles from original ideas to completed articles.
- Reviewing, and approving content.
- Cross-check all citations and examine all the references.
- Conforms to deadlines and production requirements.
- Assists in creating and disseminating all staff related information.
- Contributes regular content as needed.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills.
- Expert at AP Style writing format.
- Effective judgment and decision-making skills.
- Candidate has excellent knowledge and understanding of the diverse domestic political landscape.
- The successful candidate has proven that they can analyze and interpret political events from diverse perspectives.
- Experience/ability to oversee the development of political news features covering local, state, and federal topics without bias.
- Experience/ability to oversee the execution of political commentary representing conservative, liberal, libertarian and progressive perspectives.
- Expert in managing time and completing the given task within the decided time frame.
- Expert knowledge about communication and mass media.
- Experience and ability to learn new online content media platforms.
- Previous editorial or content management experience and/or having managed/run a relevant site of your own.
- Ability to manage four writers.
Official Start Date: ASAP
Note: Make sure to include the specific role you are applying for in the subject line. Metro New York, San Francisco, District of Columbia, and Chicago residents strongly encouraged to apply, but location not required.
To learn more about Modern Treatise view the media kit (http://anpublishing.com/moderntreatise) and to apply visit the page (mt-senior-editor-politics-editor) and forward cover letter, resume stating experience and three published clips.
A. N. Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.