- 3728 Maritime Way, Oceanside, CA 92056, USA
a•light is hiring! www.alight.com Our growing team requires a Lighting Specialist to join our Applications Team.
a•light is an exciting, customer driven, architectural lighting design and manufacturing company based in the Oceanside, California.
If you are qualified and enthusiastic, please apply through the link on this page.
Applying the capabilities of our company through design and engineering to help customers realize their architectural lighting vision.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
Answering and troubleshooting technical questions throughout the design and construction process.
- Light emitting diodes and drivers
- Controls (Dimming, switching and emergency).
- Sensors (including occupancy, daylight, and combination sensors).
- Modifications to standard fixtures.
- Lighting calculations using standard and modified product (AGI32) desired.
Assist customer service and sales departments with the following:
- Review complex orders to assist in a successful design.
- Review project drawings and details to ensure customer intent is met.
- Cross-overs of existing specifications.
Work with Engineering department on the following:
- Develop modified solutions for mounting, shielding, and luminaire configurations.
- Submittal drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture / Architectural Engineering / Architectural Science/ Engineering with Lighting Concentration.
- Comfortable communicating with clients often.
- Strong work ethic.
- Takes care to get to the heart of a question and determine an appropriate solution.
- Creative problem solver.
- Effectively manages workload.
- Ability to learn new computer programs (Solid Works, Photopia, company database and workflow programs).
Desired lighting knowledge:
- Strong understanding of photometric concepts and units (Lumen Method, Uniformity, Illuminance, Exitance, Luminance, Lumens, Candela).
- Basic understanding of vision, visual performance, glare, and comfort as it relates to lighting.
- Lamp technologies (fluorescent, halogen, LED, metal halide, high pressure sodium).
- Power supplies (ballasts, drivers, transformers).
- Sensors (occupancy, and photocell).
About the Company:
a•light is a leading high-end specification lighting manufacturer. We have an award-winning product line, exceptional customer service, and uncompromising quality. Located in Oceanside, California where there is plenty of sunshine! We have a great work environment and promote a positive work-life balance for our employees.
a•light focuses on high-end architectural products designed for specification by architects, lighting designers, interior designers and engineers.
a•light operates out of our 54,000 sq. ft. facility in Oceanside, CA and build state-of-the-art, energy efficient lighting fixtures for installation into countless commercial, institutional, industrial and government building projects throughout North America.
EEO / AAE Statement
Amerillum LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).