- 100 F St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
ALFA Tech Consulting is a boutique legal services and consulting business located in
Washington, DC. ALFA Tech Consulting has a strong permanent core staff of seasoned legal, public policy and business professionals.
· Selects, assembles, summarizes and compiles substantive information including statutes, regulations, orders, digests, commentaries, legal instruments and other legal reference material;
· Reviews all investigative materials compiled and examines and evaluates requests for information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts; researches relevant legislation, regulations, and precedents and determines if documents or portions of them can be released.
· Assures that documents are reviewed and the appropriate FOIA/PA exemption(s) is applied;
· Consults with other Federal agencies regarding the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts regulations and related requests, and coordinates related lawsuits with personnel attorneys of other agencies;
· Evaluates and analyzes pertinent facts; coordinated information and materials from multiple sources in order to meet established deadlines;
· Assists in maintaining and monitoring the FOIA electronic and manual tracking systems, entering names and personal data received from requesters, assigning FOIA/PA numbers, entering FOIA exemptions into a database;
· Assists in the administration of FOIA, including preparing periodic FOIA/PA status reports, and preparing file labels for FOIA/PA folders.
One of the following is required: (a) a certificate of completion or a degree from an approved paralegal program or post-secondary institution (b) Bachelor's Degree (c) J.D. Degree
Several years of relevant experience depending on education level
Good judgement and good attention to detail
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; ability to work under tight time constraints
Ability to assess and solve problems
Maintain confidential information
Demonstrate initiative and reliability
Ability to efficiently prioritize and multi task
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills required
The ability to pass a pre employment background check
ALFA Tech Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.