Assistant Controller-Financial Reporting
- Duluth, MN, USA
ALARIS is the nation's premier healthcare management firm specializing in workers' compensation case management. ALARIS has a rich 18 year history, extensive expertise and responsive services for clients of all sizes. Our business is built on client satisfaction, integrity and hard work. We are unbiased and work as a team with employers, adjusters and injured workers to achieve a safe and timely return to work.
ALARIS provides workers’ compensation and disability case management services that facilitate timely communication, while reducing medical and disability costs. ALARIS also ensures the delivery of high-quality treatment so the injured party can enjoy both a positive health outcome and a successful return to work. We offer a sophisticated case management process that aims to collaboratively determine how best to implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate an individual’s unique health needs.
Our rapidly growing company is seeking an Assistant Controller-Financial Reporting.
Enjoy an award-winning culture with the stability and opportunity of a national company. ALARIS routinely wins Top Workplace and Best and Brightest Companies awards. The Assistant Controller works in our small casual office in Duluth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Produce accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements including primary responsibility for the preparation and review of account reconciliations, month end close process, and necessary reporting to senior management and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and Analyze budget to actual variances and related operational reporting
- Responsible for a broad range of financial analysis on performance and potential new business activities
- Development and distribution of nonstandard reports and statements as necessary
- Engage and assist in process and cost containment analysis to improve overall efficiency and productivity
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to communicate clear and concise information throughout the organization
- Ability to quickly analyze complex data and summarize, present and communicate effective options and solutions
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team with excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and transform to meet deadlines and excel in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting – CPA preferred but not required
- Five to Seven years of experience in a mid-level accounting position or CPA firm with a strong systems and financial reporting aptitude
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or Oracle financial systems
- Microsoft Office expertise
If you are a proven performer who loves a fast paced environment, high energy people, and want to be a part of something big please apply to start the conversation. This role offers great opportunity for career growth.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.