Digital Project Manager - A.K.A. New Media Inc. (Maternity Leave Coverage)
- 100-20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
A.K.A. New Media Inc (A.K.A.) is a leading interactive agency that has been developing complex web properties for leading organizations since 1997. Since its inception, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions with a particular focus in the not-for-profit sector. We seek opportunities of social impact and maintain immense pride in all of the solutions and services we provide.
To learn more about A.K.A., please visit www.akanewmedia.com, www.akabroker.com, and www.akaraisin.com.
The Opportunity: This is a maternity leave replacement position, with the opportunity of an ongoing position.
A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.), has an immediate requirement for an experienced, focused, organized, and energetic Digital Project Manager to join our team and to provide project management support for a variety of digital projects.
Do you have strong project management capabilities, experience working on web projects, a go-getter personality and strong communication skills? Are you inspired by the thought of providing companies and not-for-profit organizations with the best online solutions possible, and want to be part of a dynamic and growing company? If so, read on and apply!
- Project Management
- Managing the creation of digital projects, in a very hands-on role, working closely with team members to ensure top quality work is delivered within timeline, scope and budget.
- Managing reports/project tracking reports.
- Managing assignment of team members between various projects to keep them productive and efficient.
- Managing and participating in the population of CMS system with client content.
- Account Management Support
- Setting, and managing client expectations, and updating management on project status.
- Seeking new opportunities with existing clients, keeping detailed and accurate client accounts.
- Proactively maintaining and deepening ongoing client relationships.
- Client Strategy Development
- Participating in the research and discovery phases of projects. Developing reflection documents and writing creative briefs (writing skills required).
- Client Training
- Training clients on the use of Content Management Systems and other web related best-practices.
- General Marketing Support
- Gathering client testimonials, success metrics, support
- Writing/editing/contributing to A.K.A.'s marketing efforts, etc.
COVID-19 & Precautions:
Currently A.K.A.'s entire team is working remotely. As such, all training, on-boarding, and the fulfilment of the role will be carried out remotely until further notice. However, A.K.A. reserves the right to request in-person, onsite meetings, as long as Ontario Health and Safety COVID-19 protocols are met. In the future, once this situation changes, candidates need to be able to work (at least part-time) on site at A.K.A.'s office in downtown Toronto.
- Minimum 2-3 years of digital project management experience (agency experience is preferred)
- Excellent time and priority management skills; ability to manage tasks efficiently and to multi-task
- Ability to manage client expectations, requests, and challenges calmly, effectively, and professionally
- Ability to seek new opportunities for clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-versed and passionate about technology and communications, with emphasis on Internet-based technology (ie: understanding of how web technology works, web design and production process, etc.)
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong interpersonal, team management and customer service skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred - preferably in the fields of Business, Marketing, Communications, or Technology
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to evolving needs quickly, and willing to self-teach as required (i.e. Using online help guides, etc.)
- Some knowledge of website maintenance (whether for clients or personal)
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of related software (Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and basic web code (HTML, CSS), but these are not requirements
- Experience with project management tools is an asset (e.g., MS Project Basecamp, Forecast, Bugherd, etc.)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Wordpress or Kentico, and Customer Relations Management (CRM) like Salesforce and MS Dynamics
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Bilingual is an asset
Relevant Assets and Experience:
- Not-for-profit and fundraising
- Web development
- Project management
- Sales, including prospecting and cold-calling
- Knowledge of digital marketing
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.
We are Canadian based, so must have the ability to do contract work for a Canadian organization.
Please see www.akanewmedia.com