UX/UI Web Designer (Intermediate-Senior level)
- 20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
A.K.A. New Media Inc (A.K.A.) is a leading interactive agency that has been developing online and offline solutions for leading organizations since 1997. Since its inception, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions. We seek opportunities of social impact and maintain immense pride in all of the solutions and services we provide.
Award winning interactive agency A.K.A. New Media Inc. is looking for a UX/UI Designer with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, to join its team and provide UX/UI Design solutions for varied and complex organizational web properties. As a UI/UX Designer, you will play a critical role in planning and reviewing the implementation of intuitive, user-centric experiences across our client websites. Your skills and awareness of current best practices, trends and technologies will help guide our team, and help ensure the success of our client projects. As a UX Designer you will have the opportunity to learn from and share your skills in our collaborative team-based environment. This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide array of digital web projects from establishing user requirement through to final execution. Please note that this is NOT a junior or technical position.
A.K.A. is poised for growth and is seeking an experienced, creative UX/UI design talent to engage, infuse and impact its team. If you are passionate about UX/UI design and want to work on a variety of projects of social and creative importance, please send us your resume.
- Review and synthesis of client business goals, objectives and requirements
- Insightful analysis of client analytics data
- Planning and implementation of new site architecture and wireframes
- Optimization of existing user interface designs to improve UX
- User testing of proposed interactive solutions
- Work with creative and development teams in an efficient and effective manner to communicate UX requirements on an ongoing basis
- Create interactive prototypes to demonstrate and test UX solutions
- Conduct ongoing user research for longstanding client sites
Please note: This is NOT a Developer/Technical position, or a junior position.
- Education degree/certification in UX/UI design and/or interactive design
- Minimum 3 years professional UX/UI design experience
- Strong understanding of current UX/UI best-practices
- Proven planning, prototyping and production abilities
- Hands on experience in IA design, UX & UI Design, usability
- Proven experience working on complex online properties and a mastery of mobile responsive design
- Strong understanding of data analytics tools (Google Analytics, Hotjar, etc.)
- Experience preparing briefs, architecture, and user flow wireframes
- Experience working closely with project management and development teams
- Experience presenting to clients and communicating UX design rationale to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Strong production workflow and production experience
- Mobile app design experience an asset
- Creative/design and experience with typography and colour theory an asset
Must have a command of the following software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with other leading UX/architecture tools is considered an asset
Must have a strong understanding of:
- How the web works: HTML, CSS, and other related technologies (to be able to produce UX solutions that are relevant and buildable)
- Designing UX templates for CMS integration
- Designing UX for AODA compliance
When applying, please submit a resume and portfolio, and describe your specific contribution/role on any projects mentioned. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Only those short-listed will be contacted. NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.