Interactive Web Designer (Intermediate-Senior level)
- 20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
A.K.A. New Media Inc (A.K.A.) is a leading interactive agency that has been developing online and offline solutions for leading organizations since 1997. Since its inception, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions. We seek opportunities of social impact and maintain immense pride in all of the solutions and services we provide.
Award winning interactive agency, A.K.A. New Media Inc. is looking for an intermediate Web Designer to join its creative team, designing original creative for new and complex organization web properties. This position provides an opportunity to work on an exciting, wide array of creative digital projects from initial concept development through to final execution.
A.K.A. is poised for growth and is seeking an experienced creative talent with a minimum of at 3 years of professional experience to engage and contribute to its team. If you are passionate about interactive design and want to work on a variety of projects of social and creative importance, please send us your resume.
Please note: This is NOT a junior designer or developer/technical position.
- Education degree/certification in graphic design and/or interactive design
- Minimum 5 years professional interactive web design experience
- Strong understanding of branding, strategic positioning and marketing
- Proven concept development, visualization, prototyping, and production abilities
- Hands on experience in IA design, UX & UI Design, usability, typography, colour theory
- Proven experience working on complex online properties and a mastery of mobile responsive design
- Experience preparing briefs, wireframes and creative mock-ups
- Experience working closely with project management and development teams
- Experience presenting to clients and communicating design rationale to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Strong production workflow and production experience
- Mobile app design experience an asset
Must have a command of the following software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Working understanding of:
- HTML and CSS (to be able to produce web ready assets and designs)
- Designing templates for CMS integration
- Designing for AODA compliance
- Experience with modern animation and video tools is an asset
When applying, please submit a resume and portfolio, and describe your specific contribution/role on any projects mentioned. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Only those short-listed will be contacted. NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.