Business Development Manager
- 20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.) is a strategic technology and communications company that has been developing online and offline solutions for leading organizations since 1997. Since its inception, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions. We seek opportunities of social impact and maintain immense pride in all of the solutions and services we provide.
raisin® (a product of A.K.A.) is a SaaS-based, state-of-the-art, online & mobile fundraising platform that empowers charities and fundraisers to reach and exceed their fundraising goals. For more information, please visit www.akaraisin.com.
A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.), an advanced technology and communications company, has an immediate requirement for a dynamic, passionate, focused, organized, and energetic Business Development Manager to join its raisin® team, to help introduce and sell the raisin solution to prospective clients.
If you have a passion for sales, love building relationships, have a go-getter personality who excels at finding win-win situations, are inspired by the thought of arming foundations with the best fundraising tools available, and want to be part of a dynamic and fast-emerging company, please read on.
- Report directly to A.K.A. New Media's CEO & Executive Creative Director
- Mentor & support sales associates to maximize their efforts and effectiveness
- Collaborate with Senior Executive team to build and execute effective strategies – outbound and inbound program for lead generation, prospect nurturing programs and optimize closing ratio.
- Demo the raisin (Online & Mobile Fundraising Platform) remotely and in-person.
- Build and maintain a healthy base of leads and contacts through extensive research and leveraging new and existing networks and contacts.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of prospective customers in support of the sales team.
- Reach out to senior decision makers in the fundraising/charity community, with a focus on conveying a convincing value proposition to begin an engagement with them.
- Continuously iterate and course correct on sales process, meet and exceed KPI’s.
- Use multi-channel outreach - including email, social media, ads, and cold calling.
- Real-time recording of sales activities in company Hubspot CRM database. Maintain and provide analysis of Hubspot CRM data.
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on regular basis
- Lead weekly and/or monthly meetings with sales team and leadership.
- Attend industry conferences (2-3 per year (1 or 2 are in US). Prepare and execute a game-plan for each event.
- Participate in the growth of marketing initiatives that will generate leads.
- Other duties as assigned as needed.
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience
- Commission structure that is clear and paid quarterly
- Standard benefits and vacation package, as per company policy
- 4+ years of sales & business development experience.
- 2+ years managing a sales team.
- Experience selling SaaS-based software/solutions or internet-based technologies/services.
- Excellent coaching skills; ability to observe, evaluate, and give meaningful feedback
- Must have enthusiasm for cold-calling, networking, and establishing new relationships.
- Progressive and tested management skills that fosters good habits, a positive work environment to hit quota.
- Avid user of digital technologies, mobile, social media and web-based software.
- Hubspot or other CRM experience.
- Self-starter, motivated, fast learner.
- Knowledge of general Internet technologies, social media, and software.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (preferably marketing, communications, literature, business, fundraising, or technology).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- An understanding of and passion for charities and fundraising.
- Key values of honesty, integrity, professionalism, and passion for customer service and technology.
Training and Support for Your Success
You will be given a training program that will set you up for success, so you feel 100% confident when selling and setting up demos with prospective clients. raisin is a big believer in ongoing training.
To help you hunt, you will be supported by ongoing marketing efforts, Google Ad Campaign, SEO, and Hubspot CRM.
For additional information about A.K.A. New Media, please be sure to visit: www.akanewmedia.com
Only those short-listed will be contacted.
NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.