Business Development Associate (Intermediate Sales Position)
- 20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.)
is a strategic technology and communications company that has been developing online and offline solutions for leading organizations since 1997. Since its inception, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions. We seek opportunities of social impact and maintain immense pride in all of the solutions and services we provide.
raisin® (a product of A.K.A.) is a SaaS-based, state-of-the-art, online & mobile fundraising platform that empowers charities and fundraisers to reach and exceed their fundraising goals. For more information, please visit www.akaraisin.com.
A.K.A. New Media Inc. (A.K.A.), an advanced technology and communications company, has an immediate requirement for a dynamic, passionate, focused, organized, and energetic Business Development Associate to join its raisin® team, to help introduce and sell the raisin solution to prospective clients.
If you have a passion for sales, love building relationships, have a go-getter personality who excels at finding win-win situations, are inspired by the thought of arming foundations with the best fundraising tools available, and want to be part of a dynamic and fast emerging company, read on and apply!
- Build and maintain a healthy base of leads and contacts through extensive research and leveraging new and existing networks and contacts.
- Reach out to senior decision makers in the fundraising/charity community, with a focus on conveying a convincing value proposition to begin an engagement with them.
- Use multi-channel outreach - including email, social media, ads, and cold calling.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team in al aspects of the sales cycle, to optimize sales closings.
- Assist in resopnding to RFP's as needed.
- Real-time recording of sales activities in company Salesforce CRM database. Maintain and provide analysis of Salesforce CRM data.
- Provide weekly status reports on sales prospects and leads.
- Support senior sales team members in analyzing the territory/market's potential and determining the value of prospective customers.
- Conduct qualification demonstrations (remote and in-person).
- Finding, evaluating, and responding to RFP's.
- Conducting, preparing, and attending industry conferences (1-2 per year).
- Participate in the growth of marketing initiatives that will generate leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Residual, uncapped quarterly commission
- Performance-based quarterly bonuses
- Ongoing recognized sales training
- Ongoing sales & management support
- Advancement opportunities
- Healthy & diverse company culture with a commitment to fun, friendship, and community
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
Salary: $40-$50K + commission
- Must have enthusiasm for cold-calling, networking, and establishing new relationships.
- 2+ years of sales and business development experience.
- Experience selling SaaS-based software.
- Salesforce experience.
- Avid user of digital technologies, mobile, social media and web-based software.
- Self-starter, motivated, fast learner.
- Knowledge of general Internet technologies, social media, and software.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (preferably marketing, communications, literature, business, fundraising, or technology).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- An understanding of and passion for charities and fundraising.
- Key values of honesty, integrity, professionalism, and passion for customer service and technology.
- Selling SaaS software or other technology solutions
- Not-for-Profit and fundraising
- Salesforce and Google Ad Campaign
- Software development and web development
- Sales, including prospecting and cold-calling
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, result-based work
- Demonstrated success in a sales position
- Hungry to learn, persistent (sales is tough), reliable and personable
- Comfortable using and learning new sales-based technologies
For additional information about A.K.A. raisin and the parent company, A.K.A. New Media, please be sure to visit:
www.akaraisin.com (The Product)
www.akanewmedia.com (The Parent Company)
Only those short-listed will be contacted.
NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.