Front-End Developer - Angular, Web API
- 20 Maud St, Toronto, ON M5V 2M5, Canada
raisin®, a product of A.K.A. New Media, is a state-of-the-art online fundraising event management and donation system currently used by some of Canada’s top fundraising organizations. raisin® empowers not-for-profit organizations to maximize their online fundraising efforts and reduce costs.
We are looking for front-end developer to join our product team, to bring new features and functionality to the raisin® product.
If you are excited about product development, committed to continually bringing the best-in-class solutions to the market, and working on a product that makes a difference in the lives of individuals each day – then read on and apply.
- Development of the front-end Angular components (with ASP.NET Web API - based web applications) according to business requirements and/or under guidance from system architect/team lead.
- Build responsive and adaptive websites that meet usability and accessibility web standards and best practices.
- Write unit tests with client-side frameworks.
- Creating technical specifications describing functionality and implementation of existing and new system components.
- Working with QA and technical support people, helping them to understand and resolve issues.
- Supervising some development and QA activities as needed.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant Internet application development experience on Angular or similar frameworks, including experience in the development of front-end components for API-backed applications and improving usability of existing applications. Must be able to create technical documentation for newly designed components. Strong analytical and technical research skills are the must as well.
SPECIFIC SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Responsive UI experience is mandatory with mobile-first experience as a plus.
- Up-to- date with the latest Web / UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to interface with them
- Ability to translate mock-ups into Angular components with visual and functional elements
- Programming and debugging SPA web applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET platforms (C#, ASP.NET, Web API, .Net Core) is a plus
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Familiar with Agile software development process and Scrum team principals.
Knowledge of other types of development tools, languages and database environments including Git, Microsoft SQL & SQL Management Studio, Microsoft VSTS.
The individual should be responsible, self-motivated, energetic, and inquisitive with strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills. Clear and concise written and verbal communication with effective time management.
For additional information about A.K.A. raisin and the parent company, A.K.A. New Media, please be sure to visit:
www.akaraisin.com (The Product)
www.akanewmedia.com (The Parent Company)
Only those short-listed will be contacted. Local candidates will be given first consideration.
NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.