- 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Location: Manchester
- Department: IT Development
- Business Areas: Technology Services
This is an exciting opportunity for a Frontend Developer to join our Investcentre team and help enhancing a successful award-winning platform. You will be joining a team which has a philosophy of continuous improvement, and a strong focus on engineering excellence.
What does the job involve?
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and working in a high-performance engineering team
- Work with the team to design and deliver high quality products
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other members of the team
Competence, Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in building modular and reusable components for Single Page Applications with one or more of the following frameworks: Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, etc.
- Experience with at least one version control tool: GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with at least one UI framework: Bootstrap, Tailwind, Material, etc,
- Experience of common Frontend styling paradigms: BEM, CSS modules, CSS in JS, etc.
- Knowledge of general Frontend tooling (particularly Node.js and npm)
- Knowledge of writing unit tests
- Knowledge and interest in asynchronous and event-based Frontend tooling: RxJS, Ngrx, Redux, etc.
- Knowledge and interest in writing end-to-end journey tests using tech such as Cypress, Nightwatch, Webdriverio, Protractor, etc.
- Knowledge and interest in Web APIs
- Practical experience of solving inconsistency across multiple platforms (IE11, Safari, Firefox, Chrome on Windows or Mac)
- Familiar with CI/CD practices
- Understands principles behind highly performing web pages
- Agile / Scrum / Kanban
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiasm
- Keen to learn and develop new technical skills
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 368,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £70.4 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers, but remote working continues to be a large part of our work life and will continue to be post-covid.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more