- 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Location: Manchester
- Department: Learning and Development
- Business Areas: HR
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £65.2 billion and more than 346,700 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Are you looking to take your first step to establish a career in technology? AJ Bell is a fast-growing, award winning business and we could have just the opportunity for you!
Our Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship Programme is a great opportunity for you to gain practical experience whilst you work towards a Bachelor of Science degree (with honours) via part-time study at Manchester Metropolitan University.
If you’re successful, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a wide range of teams in our Technology Services department, from Software Engineering to Infrastructure and Information Security, to gain a broad understanding of IT and change provision in a fast-paced regulated Financial Services business.
From the second year of the apprenticeship, your studies will focus on one specialist area from a choice of: Software Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst or Data Analyst.
Alongside studying for a degree, our Digital Apprenticeship Programme will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies including developing your verbal and written communication skills, working to deadlines and understanding operational business processes. We will also provide mentoring and ongoing training, including and in-house technical and professional development training, enabling you to progress your understanding of financial services.
If you are successful in your apprenticeship you may have the opportunity to continue your career at AJ Bell focusing on either a managerial or technical career path.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (under the tariff for courses starting from September 2017)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C / 9 - 4 (or equivalent including Maths and English)
- Ability to demonstrate why you want to work within technology services
- Honesty, self-motivation, reliability
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop in different teams within the business
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this programme then please ensure that you apply with a CV and a covering note which answers the following questions:
- Why do you want a career technology?
- Why would you like to join the AJ Bell apprenticeship programme?