Full Stack Developer - Remote
- 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Location: Manchester
- Department: IT Development
- Business Areas: Technology Services
This is an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join on our award winning Investcentre platform. The Full Stack Engineer will be joining a team which has a philosophy of continuous improvement, and a strong focus on engineering excellence.
What you can expect:
- Agile methodologies and a passion for continuous improvement and building a high-performance engineering team
- Consider architectural and non-functional requirements and work with the team to deliver
- At AJ Bell we pair, and you, in most cases will pair with other people
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- 3-4 years of commercial experience developing services and APIs with C#, .NET core, Mongo and/or SQL with techniques such as domain-driven design and MVC.
- 3-4 years of technical background in web development with Angular/React/VueJs.
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience/Familiarity Test Driven Development and is comfortable with various test frameworks and concepts.
- Experience/Familiarity with Entity framework core.
- Familiarisation with containerisation and tools such as Docker.
- Familiarisation of developing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud-Based solutions on AWS
- Understand principles behind highly performing web pages
- Agile / SCRUM / SAFe
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Very motivated with high levels of drive and enthusiam
- E-commerce and/or financial services experience
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 368,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £70.4 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers, but remote working continues to be a large part of our work life and will continue to be, post-covid.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- Regular remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Contributory pension
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus, much more