Telephone Support Agent (Inbound)
- Exchange Quay, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Location: Manchester
- Department: Phone Teams
- Business Areas: Customer Services
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £56.5 billion and more than 295,000 clients. Our award winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
What does the job involve?
- Our Telephone Support Agents answer questions and resolve queries at the initial point of contact from financial advisers who use AJ Bell Investcentre to manage their clients’ investments.
- We’re recognised for our great customer service and this role is pivotal in dealing with, and answering, a variety of queries in a timely and professional manner.
- You’ll be taking inbound calls and also responding to incoming emails, with all aspects of the work carried out in line with service level agreements and our compliance policies.
You’ll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme and on-going support to enhance your knowledge and experience. Career progression is something we pride ourselves on here at AJ Bell, and when you are ready, we will help you take your career to the next stage. We also offer paid study support for professional qualifications.
- Previous experience in a call/contact centre or a customer service administration role
- Previous financial services exposure is desirable but not essential
- Five GCSEs grades A*-C (or equivalent), including Maths & English
- The ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- A polite and professional telephone manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
The role is 37.5 hours per week with varied shift patterns on a rota basis including opening times; Monday to Friday 8am till 7pm and Saturday 10am till 2pm.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Basic salary of £20-22k
- 24 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more