Investment Operations Specialist - Apprenticeship Programme
- Exchange Quay, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Location: Manchester
- Department: Learning and Development
- Business Areas: HR
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £54.3 billion and more than 282,000 clients. Our award winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
Are you looking to take your first step to establish a career in the Financial Services industry? AJ Bell is a fast-growing, award winning business and we could have just the opportunity for you!
Our Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship Programme is a great opportunity for you to gain business exposure while you work towards a professional qualification. If you’re successful, you’ll have the opportunity to work in different teams in our business to gain a full understanding of our customer journey.
Our Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship Programme will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies including developing your verbal and written communication skills, working to deadlines and understanding operational business processes. You will also develop strong IT skills, working with Microsoft packages, and gain experience of using in-house systems. We will provide ongoing training, development and mentoring, enabling you to progress your understanding of financial services.
Throughout the two year apprenticeship, you will work towards an industry recognised professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment and complete in-house technical and professional development training. If you are successful in your apprenticeship you may have the opportunity to continue your career at AJ Bell focusing on either a managerial or technical career path.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (under the tariff for courses starting from September 2017)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C / 9 - 4 (including Maths and English)
- Ability to demonstrate why you want to work within the financial services industry
- Honesty, self-motivation, reliability
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop in different teams within the business
In return you can expect:
- A full training programme and study support
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!
If you meet that above criteria and would like to be considered for this programme then please ensure that you apply via our website. You should include a covering note answering the following questions:
- Why do you want a career in the Financial Services industry?
- Why have you chosen to apply to AJ Bell?