Documentation Team Manager
- -, San Mateo, CA, us
Agiloft is a profitable and fast-growing cloud software company that develops and markets agile business automation software. We are stable, debt-free and have a strong and deeply referenceable customer base. Our suite of products includes Contract Management, Customer Support and ITIL.
The Agiloft product suite won the PC Mag "Editors Choice" award and is the highest rated on B2B review sites such as Capterra and Trust Radius.
Our Values: Honesty, Integrity, and Respect | Accountability | Client Focus | Continuous Improvement
We are seeking a Documentation Team Manager to lead the Documentation Team. You will manage a small team of technical writers who write content for the online help, release notes and user documentation for our flagship product. Your team’s responsibilities range from editing UI text to writing reference docs to creating in-depth tutorials and may include API documentation, product development, and tutorial video work.
You will work with the Implementation, Sales, Engineering and QA teams to identify critical documentation needs and create engaging, accurate content.
The ideal candidate has technical documentation experience, outstanding people management skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Manage, develop and grow a team of technical writers with varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Work with other departments to identify documentation needs.
- Define writing projects and set goals for documenting new features and for improving the quality of existing documentation.
- Review documents for accuracy and style and ensure all publication standards are met by following established procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree, science, engineering, math, or writing degrees preferred.
- 4 years’ experience in technical writing and software documentation.
- 2 years’ experience managing technical documentation teams.
- Experience with business software, databases, and web-based applications.
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to rapidly learn a complex and wide-ranging program.
- A logical, problem-solving mind.
- Familiarity with Confluence, SharePoint, HTML, CSS, XML, and wiki syntax.
- Competitive compensation
- Incentive bonuses and monthly commissions
- Referral bonuses
- Equity in a profitable and fast-growing cloud software company
- 401K plan – company matching
- Health /dental insurance
- Generous vacation
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
The position is based in our Redwood City HQ
Agiloft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.