Senior Data Scientist
- London, London, United Kingdom
AI-Adam provides talent acquisition and advice in the procurement of rare talent to the world’s most challenging industry sectors in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Data Science, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning & Deep Learning.
Data Scientist wanted to join a fast-growing e-commerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by operations is critical to the future success. The UK data science team are at the forefront of this effort.
The Marketing Optimisation group is directed at building systems that enhance the performance marketing activity of the company by using machine learning and advanced statistical methods. This means understanding the customer, and the marketplace to drive new and repeating custom. Critically, they build systems that do this autonomously.
As a senior data scientist you’ll be responsible for owning the key projects, working with stakeholders across the business, mentoring more junior members of the team and developing the technology we depend on. Moreover you’ll be an active participant across the whole of the UK data science team, providing your knowledge and expertise in support of all of the companies initiatives.
- You have an MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You experienced in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, with exposure to digital marketing and adtech. You’re able to provide detailed examples of how you’ve delivered commercial value through your work.
- You have experience in software development. You’ll be able to contribute to code reviews, help to improve the release process, use TDD and version control is familiar to you.
- You have a willingness to take on the responsibility of a senior team member by supporting junior colleagues and the wider team, taking complete ownership of project delivery and working with stakeholders.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Figuring out how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- You have a keen desire to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then figure out how to make it a reality!
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.