- Luleå, Sweden
- Department: Project Management
- Contract Type: Permanent
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation. We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
The Project Management Office (PMO) in the Process Industries Division is now looking for a Project Planner to enforce its Project Controls team. Project Management Office (PMO) is today a team of 35 wonderful colleagues based all over the country. We run and support our organization with project management, planning, document control, financial follow-up, purchasing, engineering management and construction management in projects.
As a planner, you develop and maintain project schedules in various projects and stages from sales proposal to execution project. You work side by side with project management to execute project planning in the most efficient way including typically:
- Setting up the project schedule development and control as well as progress reporting in all types of projects
- working with the project team to develop the baseline schedule
- tracking project deliverables progress, calculating the progress, forecasting the future
- communicating the schedule status and reporting deviations
- proactively managing the scheduling process including identifying critical timelines
- actively engaging with project team and relevant customer representatives as well as other stakeholders
Besides the standard project objectives, you constantly aim to achieve set targets through proactive collaboration with all project stakeholders.
The person we are looking for has:
- a Degree in Engineering or Economics
- very good command of scheduling tools such as MS Project or Primavera
- full professional proficiency in Swedish and English.
We expect applicants for the position to have minimum 3 years of experience in project management, scheduling and control in industrial investment projects.
In addition, we appreciate:
- the ability to develop schedules from first principles as well as critical integration of contractors’ schedules
- the ability to identify bottlenecks on the project looking at the schedule and advise the project team accordingly
- a good knowledge and direct experience in execution scheduling at the construction site
- excellent leadership, communication and inter-personal skills to ensure a smooth communication with client’s organization and within the project team
- good command of data analytics and visualization tools
- strong self-leadership skills, proactive and persistent attitude, hands-on mentality and desire to further develop in your role and grow within the team
- readiness to travel
We provide you with a variety of interesting tasks and great opportunities to deepen your expertise in a specific field or widen your knowledge to new areas, according to your own interests. We support your career development and professional growth. We offer a position in a stable company where new idea creation is encouraged and innovations are taken forward. You will work in a stimulating global environment with pleasant co-workers and team’s full support.
Our work is demanding, but it is accompanied by freedom – freedom to develop and learn, and to combine professional and private life into a fulfilling match.
We at AFRY want to build a better future and find the best solutions, serving our clients but also the wider society. We are a modern employer strongly driven by our values based on long-term sustainability.
Read more about AFRY and what our employees tell about their work https://afry.com/en/join-us/get-know-us
To hear more about this position please contact our Head of Project Control Jonas Geibert, tel. +46 70 092 28 20
Interested in this position? Please submit your CV and cover letter with salary request by March 31th, 2022.
AFRY is committed to creating an inclusive & diverse environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, or age. You will be part of a global and diverse company where our differences are our strengths. Join us to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society.