Night-Shift Stockyard Leading Hand
- Imlay Place, Castlecliff, Whanganui 4501, New Zealand
- AFFCO Site: Imlay
- Department: Livestock
For more than a century AFFCO has been supplying quality grass fed meat products to New Zealanders and around the world. AFFCO is 100 percent New Zealand owned and a proud member of the Talley’s Group, a leading exporter of dairy, seafood and vegetable products.
We have 12 plants around New Zealand and proudly export our lamb, beef and allied products to over 80 countries.
Our Night-Shift Stockyard Leading Hand oversees the AFFCO Imlay Stockyard department. We are looking for an individual who is reliable and motivated to join and lead our team based at Imlay Place, one of our lamb processing plants.
Each night, you’ll utilise your leadership skills to motivate your team and ensure everyone goes home safe and stock are handled in the correct manner. As the Night-Shift Leading Hand, you are the main point of contact for all team members and those working with the department.
Each night you will:
- Share and utilise your knowledge and understanding of stock handling and animal welfare requirements
- Promote a zero harm work environment and be committed to the AFFCO Health & Safety Policy
- Ensure compliance across both AFFCO and MPI requirements
- Motivate and lead your team
- Continuously train, upskill and develop your team
- Liaise with stakeholders both on and off site (truck drivers, stock procurement officers)
- Enter required information and data into computer systems
- Proven experience working with stock.
- Knowledge of MPI Compliance regulations.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
If you want to join a successful, well established company, apply online today!