Maintenance Shift Fitter
- 5923 State Highway 1, Moerewa 0211, New Zealand
- AFFCO Site: Moerewa
- Department: Trades
AFFCO supplies the world with New Zealand’s finest premium beef and lamb products. We serve over 80 markets globally, supported by an operation that includes twelve processing plants throughout New Zealand.
AFFCO Moerewa is seeking an experienced and motivated Maintenance Shift Fitter. This position will join the existing trade’s team to help ensure that plant assets are managed and maintained in a way that enhances the company’s short and long-term objectives. This role is an integral part of our operation and we require someone with a positive, can-do attitude and someone who works extremely well within a team.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following key requirements for the role:
- A proactive approach that ensures the production departments experience minimal down time due to maintenance requirements.
- Possess strong time management skills in order to prioritise projects when required.
- A proactive approach to daily routine with strong organisational skills.
- A strong commitment to upholding health and safety standards.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Previous engineering experience in a food-processing environment would be advantageous.
- Hydraulics & pneumatics experience would be an advantage.
- Trade certificate in engineering/maintenance or equivalent.
- Welding ability Tig, Mig, MMAW.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you are looking for your next challenge and want to join a successful, growing organisation, please apply online today.