Linux Administrator – Secret Clearance
- IO, Pensacola, Florida, United States
AETOS is a CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos, we specialize in developing IT solutions to optimize functionality and efficiencies for government and commercial clients to meet their business needs.
Job Title: Linux Administrator
Client: Department of Homeland Security
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance - Must be able to obtain a DHS Suitability prior to start date. US Citizens Only.
The Linux Administrator applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification. DOMinoIIS
The Administrator will need to have the ability and willingness to travel up to 40 percent of the time. The Engineer will need to have a vehicle and be willing to drive it to sites around the DC Metropolitan area. The Engineer must have the ability to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with Top-Secret / SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
- 4+ Years of experience
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
• IDM/Free IPA
• Open Nebula
• Satellite Server
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in related field with 4 years of relevant experience. Additional years of work experience may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.