Automation Test Engineer, Senior – Secret Clearance
- IO, Dulles, Virginia, United States
AETOS is a CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos, we specialize in developing IT solutions to optimize functionality and efficiencies for government and commercial clients to meet their business needs.
Job Title: Senior Automation Test Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Client: Department of Homeland Security
Location: Dulles, Virginia
We are seeking a Senior Automated Test Engineer to support the design, development, testing, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The Sr. Automated Test Engineer analyzes system requirements, concept of operations documents, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results.
As needed, the Test Engineer supports the development of customer test and evaluation documentation, for example, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and/or other T&E Reports. The Test Engineer works with other program organizations to support successful program integration.
- Defines, plans and performs test assignments involving test and verification requirements relative to complex software and hardware systems
- Establishes automated test methods and techniques using Selenium, develops test plans and requirements, writes test procedures and reports, and conducts tests
- Participates in test readiness reviews and design reviews, and conducts audits of test programs and facilities
- Applies java software development experience and knowledge to ensure test validity, integrity, and execution
- Conducts tests which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer requirements and configuration management techniques
- Performs test planning and implementation using state-of-the-art technologies
- Develops and maintains test documentation, as needed, including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience including meaningful and relevant experience in developing test procedures
- 2+ years of experience with Java development
- Hands-on Linux experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience with Selenium automated test tool or similar products
- Ability to plan and conduct security testing
- Meaningful and relevant experience in developing test procedures
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes - Ability to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Experience with requirements development and management
- Experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education. Desired Certifications:
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Release Train Engineer (RTE), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.