Systems Engineer – Secret Clearance
- IO, Dulles, Virginia, United States
AETOS is a CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos, we specialize in developing IT solutions to optimize functionality and efficiencies for government and commercial clients to meet their business needs.
Job Title: System Engineer US Citizen (Secret Clearance)
Client: Department of Homeland Security
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance - Must be able to obtain a DHS Suitability prior to start date. US Citizens Only.
- Providing Systems Engineering expertise in support of a large cybersecurity system
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and systems integration & test
- Experience with and technical understanding of cybersecurity attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
- Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean Agile framework
- Agile Systems Engineering and/or development experience
- DevSecOps or DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF)
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe)
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS preferred)
- Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
- BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.