Senior Transportation Engineer/ Microsimulation Specialist
- Work Location Model: On-Site
- Primary Location: US - Pompano Beach, FL - Florida's T
- Business Group: DCS
- Operating Group: Americas
- Business Line: Transportation
- State/Province: Florida
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
Senior Transportation Engineer / Microsimulation Specialist
Do you want to make a difference? AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transportation Engineer to provide in-house consulting services with the Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team, working on a wide variety of high-profile projects across Florida. This candidate will have opportunity to bring original ideas and be on the forefront of planning and design that support future transportation improvements on existing roadways and new corridors. This position allows the candidate to explore and conduct analysis in connected/automated vehicles, managed lanes, innovative intersection/interchange designs and multi-resolution modeling applications. The position is available in Ocoee, Florida or Pompano Beach, Florida.
The successful candidate will serve as a task leader on various projects with an opportunity to supervise and mentor junior traffic analysts. Strong emphasis will be placed on technical understanding, high-quality deliverables, writing and communication skills, and the ability to ensure delivery excellence.
- Develop small, medium, and large-scale microsimulation models in VISSIM.
- Lead transportation planning assignments corridor studies, safety studies, Interchange Access Request (IAR) documentation and Transportation System Management and Operations (TSM&O) studies.
- Coordinate with other technical disciplines including conceptual design, environmental management, traffic operations, right of way and others to develop recommendations for proposed improvements.
- Prepare written reports and presentations of project findings that support Project Development and Environment (PD&E) studies, Design projects, signal warrant analysis, and corridor retiming studies.
- BS in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering) + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience
- PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience
- Professional Engineer plus 5 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the development and calibration of models in VISSIM
- Experience in dynamic traffic assignment and multi-resolution modeling in VISUM/VISSIM.
- Familiarity with the FDOT Traffic Analysis Handbook, FHWA Traffic Analysis Toolbox Volume 3, Highway Capacity Manual, MUTCD, and Highway Safety Manual, FDOT Interchange Access Request User Guide.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis software (i.e. SPSS,R) and programming (i.e, VBA, C+, Python)
- Hands-on experience in Safety analysis such as HSM, SPICE, ISATe, and IHSMD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience making presentations to clients
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sponsorship is available for this position
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.