- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Enhanced
ADGA provides strategic vision, world-class technology and service excellence in the areas of defence, security and enterprise computing to clients in the federal government, other levels of government and the private sector. In a world dominated by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to stay safe, efficient and productive. This is based on an exceptional balance sheet built since 1967, protecting some of Canada's most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company employing more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
Our federal client is looking for a Bilingual Operational DBA to perform daily DBA tasks (such as tune database, upgrades in Oracle 11i) as well as manage a team of 4-6 DBA's to coordinate daily project tasks and assign projects. This is a hands-on role, to start for April 1st for 6 months, with a high chance for extension till end of the year.
- Customize database conversion routines
- Finalize Conversion Strategy
- Generate new database with the client
- Maintain data dictionaries
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database
- Develop and implement security procedures for the database, including access and user account management
- Advise programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data
- Maintain configuration control of the database
- Perform and/or coordinate updates to the database design
- Control and coordinate changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records, additions to the database
- Develop and coordinate back-up, disaster recovery and virus protection procedures
- The resource must have post secondary 2 education. (College/CEGEP diploma or University degree)
- The resource must possess a valid security clearance at the level of Enhanced Reliability or Secret.
- The resource must have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience as a Database Administrator.
- The resource must have a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated cumulative experience within the past 7 years managing, and performing backups and all day-to-day administrative tasks of the Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS) database.
- The resource must have a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated cumulative experience within the past 5 years configuring and administering VMware ESXi Servers and multiple Virtual Machines running on top of VMware ESXi.
- The resource must have a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated cumulative experience within the past 7 years configuring and administering robotic tape libraries including installing, configuration and administration of EMC Networker.
- The resource must have a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience within the past 7 years installing, configuring and administering Remote Desktop Services.
- The resource must have a minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience within the past 10 years as a system administrator for large organizations (10,000 users with 1000+ concurrent users) providing server and operating system support.
- The resource must have a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated cumulative experience within the past 7 years modeling, designing, and developing HRMS applications.
- The resource must have a minimum of 6 years of demonstrated cumulative
- experience within the past 8 years as an Oracle database administrator for large organizations (10,000 users with 1000+ concurrent users) managing, supporting, and tuning large production databases.