- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Top Secret
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
This opportunity is within the Federal Government and is part of a well established contract that we have currently. We expect to see this new position come up shortly. We are currently working on this pro-actively.
You must also hold a high level government security clearance with PWGSC/PSPC.
Tasks would include:
- Install Information Technology (IT) communication systems that includes Ethernet network devices.
- Use Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) suppression techniques.
- Install and maintain Fibre Optic systems including optical isolators.
- Use bonding, grounding and shielding techniques.
- Install government cryptographic equipment and interface devices.
- Use drafting techniques in order to amend floor plans and wiring diagrams for project directive "as-built" installation sketches
- Apply knowledge of Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software, such as AutoCAD.
- Install cable pathway hardware including electrical metallic tubing (EMT), pull boxes, cable trays and cable management systems.
- Our contract requires that candidates have at least 12 months of experience listed with each of the tasks in the job description.
- A University Degree in any discipline, and a minimum of two years cumulative experience in the last eight years related to crypto installations OR
- A College Diploma (two or three year program) in any discipline, and a minimum of three years cumulative experience in the last eight years related to crypto installations OR
- A minimum of four years cumulative experience in the last eight years related to crypto installations OR
- A Canadian Forces Trained Personnel or Government of Canada employee: Qualification to the QL 5B trade level (or pre-1987 equivalent) or Electronic Group Definition (EL), and a minimum of three years cumulative experience in the last eight years related to crypto installations.