Network Support Specialist
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Secret
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
- Coordinate installation, operation, maintenance, resolution of hardware and software problems, monitoring of traffic, capacity planning, system backup and user training for a Local Area Network.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new data communication hardware and software.
- Maintain interface with vendor representatives and other computing resources to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Inform new users of the appropriate hardware and software specifications for access to the network.
- Install or coordinate installation of network hardware, software for use with personal computers and mainframe/personal computer interaction, and network upgrades according to vendor instructions.
- Configure equipment with assistance from vendor or other computing resources.
- Prepare and maintain procedure manuals and documentation for internal use.
- Maintain a reference library to include reference manuals and user guides.
- Maintain accurate records and logs of users, equipment serial numbers, service records, maintenance agreements, warranties, wiring schemes and network problems and solutions.
- Develop, implement, participate, and test a network disaster recovery plan.
- Resolve all connectivity and internal technical problems.
- Assist in training users to use the network and related software.
- University degree in a related business or technology discipline, OR a two-year college diploma in a related business or technology discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related business or technology discipline, OR a university degree in any field and a minimum of five years in a related business or technology discipline
- Hold any of the following certifications:
Ø Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Ø Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Ø Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Ø Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Ø Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP)
Ø Systems Security Certified Professional (SSCP)
Ø Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Ø Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
Ø SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
Ø CompTIA Security+
Ø GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- Experience coordinating installation of network equipment on a Local Area Network
- Experience evaluating and recommending new data communication hardware and software
- Experience maintaining an interface with vendor representatives and other computing resources to resolve hardware and software problems
- Experience maintaining accurate records and logs of items such as users, equipment serial numbers, service records, maintenance agreements, warranties, wiring schemes and/or network problems and solutions
- Experience in operation maintenance, resolution of hardware and software problems related to the network