- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Secret
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
We have a great opportunity for an Engineer who is looking for their next project! Our team is growing! This contract is with a well established government client, and has the potential to go until 2022!
Tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Conducting in-service support tasks for the management of material already in-service and being delivered by this project.
- Providing analysis and advice on engineering and technical issues.
- Providing engineering support to the Life Cycle Material Manager to resolve system failures and problems to minimize downtime and loss of data.
- Liaising with system stakeholders.
- Participating, managing and/or chairing, as appropriate, Configuration Control Boards for the systems supported, when needed by the LCMM.
- Providing input to the Project Management Offices and the Project Director on in-service support matters related to projects in development.
- Reviewing financial information throughout the fiscal year for all systems supported and providing advice to ensure all plans are within budget.
- Writing and submitting reports describing progress made, analysis conducted, options considered, meetings held etc.
- Conducting inspections, audits, coordination, and meetings as identified in support of the systems and responsibilities described above.
- Researching, analyzing, and advising management on the effectiveness and suitability of different technologies and processes in remote sensing and satellite communication systems, with emphasis on the LCMM role.
- Performing administrative duties related to the tasks (including meeting scheduling and coordinating with stakeholders, and document creation, management and archiving)
- Coordinating performance of LCMM tasks.
- Providing engineering analysis and advice in support of other REMSSAT or SATCOM systems
- Providing technical expertise at section, project and systems related meetings at the request of the LCMM.
- Must hold a valid Secret level clearance. (will require Controlled Goods Cert)
- At least 5 years of relevant engineering experience in an applicable field of Engineering or Applied Science in the last 8 years. (I.E: Aerospace, Satellite Communications, Systems/Computer Engineering)
- At least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience in the last 6 years. Candidates that have mentored junior engineers would also be considered.
- Must have a University degree at the Bachelor level in an applicable field of Engineering or Applied Science.
Demonstrated experience in at least 5 of the following:
- Engineering trade-off analysis.
- Integrated logistics support / in-service support.
- Evaluation and recommendation of system level solutions.
- Preparation of procurement support documentation such as technical data specifications, plans and drawings, standards and SOWs.
- Attendance at design, technical and management reviews or meetings in order to monitor and advise on progress and potential problems.
- Provision of assistance in solving emergency technical or engineering problems.
- Analysis of proposed solutions to system deficiencies.
- Review and comment on technical specifications.
- Technical evaluation of proposals.
- Estimation of costs and risk and provision of recommendations.
- Analysis of interface standards and integration requirements for internal and external interfaces
- Requirements analysis or management using Requirements Management tool (DOORS)