Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Enhanced
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada. Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility. Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
ADGA has a current contract opportunity for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator.
This role will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Customize database conversion routines
- Finalize Conversion Strategy
- Generate new database with the client
- Maintain data dictionaries
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database
- Develop and implement security procedures for the database, including access and user account management
- Advise programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data
- Maintain configuration control of the database
- Perform and/or coordinate updates to the database design
- Control and coordinate changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records, additions to the database
- Develop and coordinate back-up, disaster recovery and virus protection procedures
- Prior experience with Oracle 12c upgrade
- Comprehensive understanding of database naming conventions, roles, grants, and permissions;
- Experience in performing database analysis and recommending changes for database pre-upgrade;
- Good documentation skill, and
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Must currently hold a valid Government of Canada Enhanced reliability clearance.