Intermediate Web Developer
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Security Clearance: Enhanced
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada. Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility. Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
ADGA has a current contract opportunity for an Intermediate Web Developer.
The work requires knowledge of a variety of design and Web publishing software including forms design, desk-top publishing, and graphics design applications ( i.e. Adobe LiveCycle Designer / Adobe Acrobat Pro / InDesign / Illustrator / Photoshop, and Dreamweaver), combined with knowledge of programming languages (i.e.: Java Script, XFA, HTML, XML, SQL, and VBA) and coding techniques to produce the necessary data capture documents/systems.
This role will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop, designs and troubleshoot new and existing standardized dynamic data capture instruments.
- Work with other designers, developers, technical specialists and colleagues to create, test, revise and implement automated documents (i.e. Interactive, dynamic and multi-facetted forms) and systems.
- Develop departmental design, creation, production and dissemination standards for both manual and interactive data capture tools in compliance with federal regulations (i.e. Standard on Web Accessibility using NVDA/JAWS, Standard on Optimizing Websites and Applications for Mobile Devices, Federal Identity Program (FIP), Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP).
- Maintain/update databases/tools for the departmental forms’ Master Index Listing and the corporate Forms Catalogue.
- Create automated data capture tools, storage, extraction and supports the systematic review on current program data capture tools.
- Integrate and update forms with e-signatures as required and any other integration requirements.
At least six (6) years of experience as a Web Developer developing web applications with the Microsoft VB.Net framework.
Experience as a Web Developer on at least two (2) web application projects which are required to meet Government of Canada standards and guidelines including WCAG, Common Look and Feel, Official Languages, Federal Identity Program.
- Experience as a Web Developer using Defect Tracking Tools software.
- Must currently hold a valid Government of Canada Enhanced reliability clearance.