Senior Backend PHP Developer (m/w/d) - Backbone - onsite or remote within the EU
We are looking for a skilled (Senior) Backend PHP Developer (m/w/d) to join our Backbone Team onsite in Hamburg or remotely within the EU.
Our Tech Department is the heart of SCAYLE, driven by the passion to develop the best infrastructure & applications. You will work on high-scalable products on a cloud-based infrastructure and collaborate with developers who constantly challenge themselves to raise the bar of what is “state of the art” technology.
At Backbone Core (BCO) you will deal with lots of data (products, prices, stocks, etc.), build new APIs and workers, improve their performance and reliability and add new features to the entire system.
Challenges the team will be working on:
- Adding various new features (category tree management, omnichannel features, price handling)
- Increasing API & worker throughputs & reliability
- Infrastructure cost reductions
What you will do
- Work on high-scalable products with PHP hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Develop multiple platforms ranging from high throughput to maximum faultlessness
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with processes that are adapted to the team’s and ’s needs
- Exchange your knowledge with other developers and be part of our ABOUT YOU TECH community
Who you are
- Excellent & MVP-focused coding skills in PHP of minimum 5 years
- Practical & recent experience with MVC Frameworks like Laravel or Symfony
- Deep technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- Solid background in building scalable distributed products and practical experience with Caching
- Previous experience with handling & querying relational databases (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the code base in check
- Comfortable working in an English-speaking environment
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Company flats (subject to availability)
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Free access to Germany’s greatest developer conference code.talks
- Company pension scheme
- Help in relocation and VISA process
*Please find free fruits, drinks and coffee in our lovely Hamburg Office / HQ
YOU ARE THE CORE OF ABOUT YOU.
We take responsibility for creating an inclusive and exceptional environment where all genders, nationalities and ethnicities feel welcomed and accepted exactly as they are. We believe that a diverse workforce essentially contributes to the ABOUT YOU culture. In order to maintain talent and diversity, we emphasize the care for physical health, mental health and overall well-being. Our values and work ethics essentially contribute to our brand mission: empower acceptance and shape an inclusive, fair and circular fashion culture.
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents.