Intern Information Security (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
We are currently looking for a Security Intern who is eager to learn and join our Information Security Team for a project with the duration of 3 – 6 months.
We are looking for a Security Intern who wants to start their career in the security field, is passionate to work on a practical security-related project and wants to build up knowledge in penetration testing, security monitoring, automation, etc.
The idea of the internship is that you will join our team for a specific project, where you will be the main driver. Someone from the team will be assigned to be your mentor and help you throughout the project.
What you will do:
- Work on a project of your choice
- Develop your skills in cyber security
- Drive the project to completion from the start
- Work with a team of highly motivated and experienced professional
Possible project ideas to work on (details will be given during the interview):
- Automated wordpress scanning
- Evaluation of open source code scanning tools targeting terraform, CFN, PHP, etc.
- Set up a phishing simulation process within the company
- Set up monitors and alarms for security events
- Your own project idea. We highly encourage you to apply with your own project idea if you feel like it will bring value to About You
Who you are:
- You have some background in computer science, IT Administration, security, pursuing a degree in security or computer science
- You are able to write simple scripts and programs in any programming language
- You like challenges, ideally you play CTF or solve hacking challenges online
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You’re used to working in an English speaking environment or have very good English skills
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Fun and challenging work with an experienced team.
- Monthly CTF evenings with the team
- Materials to learn web application security testing, programming, etc.
YOU ARE THE CORE OF ABOUT YOU.
We take responsibility for creating an inclusive and exceptional environment where all genders, nationalities and ethnicities feel welcomed and accepted exactly as they are. We believe that a diverse workforce essentially contributes to the ABOUT YOU culture. In order to maintain talent and diversity, we emphasize the care for physical health, mental health and overall well-being. Our values and work ethics essentially contribute to our brand mission: empower acceptance and shape an inclusive, fair and circular fashion culture.
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Just mention in the cover letter which project you are interested in and why you will be successful in completing it. Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents. :)