Intern Information Security
- Hamburg, Germany
We are currently looking for an Intern in Information Security who is eager to learn and join our Information Security Team for a project with the duration of 3 – 6 months.
Our Security Team ensures that customers of our online shop have a safe shopping experience and their personal data is secure with us. In addition, the team also protects our corporate data and the hardware of our employees. Protecting customer and company information is an important part of our business and our team is passionate about bringing security to the next level. Our goal is to create a secure environment without restricting or slowing down business processes.
We are looking for an Information Security Intern who wants to start their career in the security field, is passionate to work on a practical security-related project and wants to build up knowledge in penetration testing, security monitoring, automation, etc.
The idea of the internship is that you will join our team for a specific project, where you will be the main driver of that project. A team member will be assigned to be your mentor and help you throughout the project.
What you will do:
- Be the main driver of your project of one of the following topics
- Automated scanning of a WordPress website
- Comparison of intrusion detection / prevention systems and implementing a PoC
- Bringing the security awareness program to the next level
- Adding security into GitLab continuous integration / deployment pipelines
- Patch management in Dockerized environments
- Your own project idea: We highly encourage you to apply with your own project idea if you feel like it will bring value to ABOUT YOU
Who you are:
- You have some background in computer science, IT Administration, security, or/and you are pursuing a degree in security or computer science
- You are able to write simple scripts and programs in any programming language, preferably Python
- You like challenges, ideally you play CTF or solve hacking challenges online
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You have very good spoken and written English skills
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents. :)