- Ilesa, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Overall Purpose of the Function
An opportunity exists for a Distribution Controller - Logistics at International Breweries Plc Ilesha, reporting to the Logistics Manager. The Distribution Controller will manage Distribution performance and activities to surpass delivery challenges and meet customer requirements whilst ensuring optimal utilization of company resources.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead departmental DPO (Distribution Process Optimization) implementation
- Lead departmental project and negotiate contractor cost to the best economical price
- Review department machine and man resources
- Manage own and Team Development and Performance
- Lead your team and prepare a strategic plan for the financial year with insights for inclusion in the Depot Business Plan
- Review Master Data - Business descriptions - Process Mapping - Service Level Management - Routing Planning and Planning SLA’s - High Volume etc.
- Develop departmental annual budget (Fixed and Variables) and manage cost throughout the year
- Set, Cascade Team & Individual goals
- Develop Peak sizing and Planning for all critical periods
- Manage Customer and Driver master data
- Conduct bi-annual Customer service evaluation and analyze customer feedback with actions
- Plan and manage trade visits and drive compliance
- Manage Full beer return process
- Safety monitoring and critical behavior enforcement
- Manage 3PL contractors and drive performance improvement
- Manage supply chain transfers and ensure adherence to plan
- Review all SLA and attend SLA meeting to action non-compliance with all stakeholder
- Lead departmental weekly performance meeting addressing previous week trends and proffering sustainable plan for the new week
- Beer age issues taken up with sales in an action plan
- Prepare and analyze contractor payment Manage departmental Cost to achieve budget
- Min. of B.Sc./ B.Tech/HND in a related field
- 5 Years’ experience in logistics and supply chain management
Traits and Competencies Required
- Computer Literate
- MS Office
- Strong and assertive
- Compliance driven
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
- Dependable: Consistently following through
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 2 November 2021.