- Ilesa, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The purpose of this job is to provide specialized electrical artisan skill and knowledge to the shift team, and to support the operations, maintenance of the Packaging plant. Perform and assist in problem solving and the execution of quality control checks and analyses, including coaching of other team members and support asset care activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations
- Assist as functional expert in problem solving
- This must be undertaken in support of the Process Artisan. This role can also be the Process Artisan on shift
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance outage in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Main Planner
- Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities, and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate PS techniques
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Process Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs carried out as per CMMS requirements
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Controller for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems
- Always Operate in a safe manner, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AB InBev policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
- BSc/HND or equivalent in Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 2 years in FMCG environment
- Manage Machines according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best)
- Key Function is to Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Plan and prepare the job
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 4 October 2021