Brewing Maintenance Controller EC & A
- Onitsha, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Overall Purpose of the Function
Opportunities exist for highly skilled and result driven Maintenance Controller E/C&A -Brewing in our Onitsha Plant reporting to the Brewing Engineer. The successful incumbent with excellent understanding of Control and Automation Processes will provide for the efficient supply of all Automation services to the Brewing department within the brewery.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ability to manage a maintenance department.
- Mental alertness.
- Analytical and evaluations skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Articulate communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- People handling ability.
- Accuracy, judgement, decisiveness, and persuasiveness.
- Work organization and drive.
- Motivational and developmental skills.
- Enforce required standards
- Prepares the allocated area ZBB Maintenance budget
- Complies to approved budget
- Highlights risk areas ahead of time
- Min. of B.Sc./HND in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 Years on the job training
Traits & Competences Required
- Interpret process description specifications and conduct modifications /optimizations of process control software as per specifications and software standards. Identify process control software deviations and resolve or recommend solutions
- Support the process control software change management process.
- Maintain process control software integrity and security
- Support the development of and upgrade preventative maintenance procedures for process control systems
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
- Maintain working knowledge of new technology instrumentation, software, etc., through reading and/or attending conferences, workshops or other training
- Provide engineering/projects support and recommendations for new and existing equipment about installation, upgrades and enhancement
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 1 October 2021.